- May 19, 2013 - 4-H Summer Program - Dave Ingram
- May 19, 2013 - Pond And Lake Management Program - Dave Ingram
- May 18, 2013 - Over Sixty Celebration Health Fair - Dave Ingram
- May 18, 2013 - OWBGC Summer Camp - Dave Ingram
- May 18, 2013 - Breezy 101 Church Bulletin - Markeith Selmon
- May 18, 2013 - Patriots Defeat Whippets 10 to 0 - Billy Steen
- May 17, 2013 - Patriots Defeat Whippets 7 to 2 - Billy Steen
- May 17, 2013 - Natchez Trace Parkway Celebrates 75 Years - Dave Ingram
- May 17, 2013 - Area Trainers Win Top Spots - Eric Matthews
- May 17, 2013 - Attala County Teen Summer Library Program - Dave Ingram
- May 17, 2013 - Leadership Academy Registration - Dave Ingram
- May 17, 2013 - Attala Co. Cattlemens Association Meeting - Dave Ingram
• The Greater New Jericho M.B. Church will be honoring their Pastor and 1st Lady for 13 years of service and dedication. This program will be on Saturday,May 18 at 3pm at the church. The guest speaker will be Pastor Collin and Church Family of Tunica, MS. An appreciation dinner will follow. Everyone is invited to attend.
• Traveler's Rest M.B. Church will have their Annual Men's Day Program on May 19 at 3pm. The invited guest will be The Goodman Male Chorus along with many others. Everyone is invited to come out and fellowship with them on this day.
• Doty Springs Baptist Church will be observing their Annual Memorial Day on Sunday, May 19th beginning at 10:45 a.m. All former pastors, members, family and friends are invited to come and enjoy a day of celebration and remembrance. Bro. Ralph Hunt, Pastor, will be bringing the message. Covered dish lunch at 12 Noon. The Church is located off Hwy 14E between Kosciusko and Louisville."
• Jason Boone Band from Pearl will be in concert at New Hope Baptist Church on May 25 at 7pm. Also performing will be Southern Flair of Kosciusko. If you enjoy bluegrass gospel, you don't want to miss this! A love offering will be taken. Everyone is invited.
• Traveler's Rest M.B. Church Youth Ministry will host their 6th Annual Inspirational Youth Program on Sunday, May 26th at 3pm. This program is to show honor to our youth with an emphasis to our 2013 graduates of Traveler's Rest M.B. Church. Dr. Stacie Selmon-McCormick, a graduate with the Kosciusko High School class of 1995 and a former member of Traveler's Rest M.B. Church,will be the speaker. She now resides in New Jersey as a professor at Montclair State University.
• First Baptist Church, Jackson St., will have their Annual Women's Day Program on Sunday, May 26 at 3pm. The guest speaker will be Sis. Sheila Patterson, member of Christian Liberty M.B. church. Their theme for this occasion is "Christian Women Making a Difference." They eagerly anticipate your attendance and look forward to an evening of spiritual fellowship.
• Abraham Chapel Church will have their Inspiration Choir Day on Sunday, May 26 at 3pm. Everyone is invited to attend.
• Mt. Lebanon United Methodist Church will celebrate their Annual Women's Day Program on Sunday, May 26 at 3pm. The theme for the evening is "Courageous Women". The guest speaker will be Rev. McSheppard of Wesley United Methodist Church in Kosciusko,MS.
• KICKING OFF SUMMER FEST will be held at Williamsville Assembly of God on Saturday, June 1 from 10am until 2pm. All ages are invited to join in the fun for face painting, inflatable jumpers and slides, pony rides, a greased pig round-up and LAWN MOWER RACES! All activities will require a ticket and $5 will purchase 10 tickets. There will be a $20 registration fee for the lawn mower race. Food and drinks will be available. Children under age 12 should be accompanied by an adult. For registration and more information, call 662-285-7553. All proceeds will go to support the Youth Ministry.
• It’s time for Vacation Bible School at Parkway Baptist Church, and “kingdom Rock!” at Kingdom Rock VBS, kids will discover how to stand strong for God! Kingdom Rock is filled with incredible Bible learning experiences; kids see, hear, touch, and even taste! Sciency-Fun Gizmos, team building games, cool Bible songs and tasty treats are just a few of the royally rockin’ activities that help faith flow into real life. Plus, we’ll help kids discover how to see evidence of God in everyday life. The dates are June 3-7, from 8:30-11:30am. Children ages 4 years old through 6th grade need to register by May 29. For more information call the church office at 289-1222.
• Indian Springs Assembly of God will have Homecoming and Memorial Service on Sunday, June 9th beginning at 10 a.m. The morning speaker will be Rev. William Frasier of Louisville, MS. Jerry Drury of Philadelphia, MS will be the featured singer. • Wesley United Methodist Church hosts Ecumenical Prayer Service each Monday at 11am.
If you have something you would like to submit to the Church Bulletin, click here.
The Kosciusko Whippets High School baseball team opened the North State 4A Championship series at home last night against the Lewisburg Patriots of Olive Branch. The game was scoreless until the top of the 3rd inning when the Patriots scored one run to take a 1-0 lead; they added another run in the top of the 5th to go ahead 2-0. The Whippets came back in the bottom of the 5th scoring 2 runs to tie the game; however the Patriots exploded in the 6th inning adding an additional 5 runs to go ahead 7-2. Wesley Dew was the Wendy’s player of the game The Whippets will now travel to Olive Branch tonight for game two of the series that gets underway at 7pm. All Whippets fans are urged to make the trip to Olive Branch and show your support for the team. If you’re unable to attend the game it will be broadcast on Breezy 101 and live streaming audio will be available on breezynews.com beginning at 6:45pm with Melvin Wooten.
Father daughter duo, Jeff and Catie Horne recently traveled to Mobile Alabama to compete in NPC Steele World Bodybuilding and Fitness Competition. Catie, a senior at Kosciusko High School won the title of Figure Novice and Teen. Jeff Horne won title of Grand Masters in 50 and over division. Catie and Jeff, both are certified trainers at Swoll’s Gym.
Story and photo submitted to email@example.com by Deborah Black
Our deepest sympathies are extended to the families of the following:
- Mr. Sidney L. Leflore, services will be held Sunday, May 19 at 3pm at Mt. Olive MB Church with burial to follow in the church cemetery. Visitation is Saturday from 8:30am until 7pm at Myricks Funeral Home. Myricks Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements.
- Mr. Jimmy L. Primer, services will be held Saturday, May 18 at 2pm at New Jerusalem MB Church with burial to follow in the church cemetery. Visitation is Friday from 8:30am until 7pm at Myricks Funeral Home. Myricks Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements.
- Mr. Malcom Rigby, services will be held Friday, May 17 at 11am at Culpepper Funeral Home with burial to follow in Shiloh Cemetery. Visitation is Thursday from 5-8pm at the funeral home. Culpepper Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements.
- Mrs.Mary Callahan, services will be held on Saturday, May 18 at 1pm at Mt. Olive Baptist Church with burial to follow in Mt. Olive Cemetery. Winters Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
- Mrs. Nell Eubanks, services will be held Friday, May 17 at 11am at Winters Funeral Home Chapel with burial to follow in Bethlehem Cemetery in Sallis. Winters Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements.
- Mr. Nico M. Sallis, services will be held Tuesday, May 14 at 11am at Durant M.B. Church with burial to follow in Barlow Cemetery in Sallis. Visitation is Monday, May 13 from 12 - 7pm at Myricks Funeral Home. Myricks Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements.